Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Python : Virtual Call-centre agent

Still progressing and learning Python

I started a call-centre management program in Python previously to perform hiring, and firing employees
Now my program will simply emulate one of them while he's chatting with a customer (or caller). This is basically an "conversation" based type of program similar to the well known "Eliza".
I choose for this experiment Bob Prezkovic (while he was only tier1 technical support front-line post-sale agent) 

Here's the program I tested it with Python 2.3, 2.5 and 2.7
It's based on a dictionary of keyword associated with 3 possible answers
and a loop.


You can test it here : http://labs.codecademy.com/CDbx#:workspace

This is the kind of "absurd/nonsense/surrealist" discussion you can have with Bob :

Hi, my name is Bob how may I help you?!
Caller:  I want to discuss a problem I have with my recently purchased product
Bob: This is a common issue
Caller:  oh really?
Bob: why would you say that?
Caller:  I'm surprise of your previous answer
Bob: usually, that is considered out of support
Caller:  what is your name again?
Bob: Sir, we are not supposed to give you our full name
Caller:  no, just your first name
Bob: My name is Bob
Caller:  great, so what can you do for my issue?
Bob: Really?
Caller:  yes, it's a technical issue and you are the technical support
Bob: I will need your serial number
Caller:  it's blablabla00111222
Bob: why would you say that?
Caller:  you asked for the serial number
Bob: usually, that is considered out of support
Caller:  you mean it isn't the serial number then?
Bob: Can you rephrase that, please?
Caller:  where do I look for the serial number on this product
Bob: I don't know where exactly I'm checking the FAQ
Caller:  no way
Bob: usually, that is considered out of support
Caller:  okay bye
Okay, talk to you later ...

No comments: