Thursday, March 29, 2012

Anya Stroud Fan-Art (take 2)


It's not my first attempt at  depicting Anya - this time, I opted for a colored inked version.

Since I've never been able to find a way to use the Gimp's ink tool properly, I switched to myPaint because it has a nice Ink brush.

Then went back to Gimp for the coloring, because myPaint can't make selection, and coloring without selecting areas is messy.

And that's how I need 2 applications to make a little picture like this.

Last months have been tough, didn't had much time for arts, and practice - this week is pretty much the spare time I was looking forward to.


There's a 40th Episode I should be finishing soon ...

And every time I feel that I haven't enough time, I think of Henry Darger :
"Henry Joseph Darger (April 12[?], 1892–April 13, 1973) was a reclusive American writer and artist who worked as a janitor in Chicago, Illinois. He has become famous for his posthumously discovered 15,145-page fantasy manuscript called The Story of the Vivian Girls, in What is known as the Realms of the Unreal, of the Glandeco-Angelinnian War Storm, Caused by the Child Slave Rebellion, along with several hundred drawings and watercolor paintings illustrating the story. Darger’s work has become one of the most celebrated examples of outsider art."
I bet he never made any excuses, on why he couldn't work on his comics.

No comments: