Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ComicSpace migrates ... whether you like it or not!

A couple of years ago, I was looking for a social network similar to myspace (facebook didn't exist, so I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time...) but dedicated to comics, because I wanted to promote a few comics projects I had and needed some feedback, I found comicspace.com suits me -- It was a nice place, finding comics was easy, browsing them was a charm but more importantly it felt like a community.

Last week I returned to my comicspace account and surprise a completely redesigned website ... found out later that it migrates to Wordpress ?!

Of course I have nothing against Wordpress (I'm using that blogging platform at peileppe.wordpress.com)


I don't know what motivated the migration, but to me it feels like "Digg v4" all over again, there was comment of people complaining, people deleting their accounts, ... people don't like changes, people don't like to be taken hostage, people don't like not being informed before a major change like that...

I guess the conclusion is "Take it or leave it!" after all it's a free service ... but nevertheless it's a bit sad.


ComicSpace | About it says : ComicSpace is a place for people who like comics.

No comments: